Cactus Financial Planning was founded by Ben Ellis in 2015.
We are Independent Financial Advisers based in Cheltenham with clients throughout the South-West.
We have grown rapidly since 2015, mainly due to recommendations from existing clients, solicitors and accountants.
Meet Ben Ellis, our founder and Financial Planner
Ben has worked in financial services since 2002.
Looking for a new challenge he left his last position in 2015 to set up Cactus Financial Planning.
Ben specialises in working with people who want to plan seriously for their retirement, as well as owners of small to medium-sized businesses.
He has also spent nearly a decade working closely with a firm of accountants based in Bristol. This means he understand business owners, and the complexities associated with producing financial plans to meet their objectives.
Away from work Ben enjoys travel, good food, sport and physical challenges.
Ben's top five tips
Interviewed by New Model Adviser magazine, Ben gave his five top tips for running a successful business:
- Stay focused on the things you can control and do not get distracted by the things you cannot
- Do not put things off. Just get it done!
- Be disciplined with your time. Allocate your different job roles to certain days
- Stay active. Keep up your interests outside of work. Healthy body, healthy mind
- Do not underestimate the personal relationships with your clients
0345 222 0275
07960 505 908
12 Imperial Square, Cheltenham, GL50 1QB
Keeping it official
Financial Advisers are authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and appear on the FCA Register.
Furthermore, all financial advisers and planners must hold a valid Statement of Professional Standing. This proves the adviser is qualified to the required standard and undertakes an appropriate amount of Continuous Professional Development each year to ensure his or her knowledge is kept up to date.
You can view Ben’s current SPS by clicking here.
A word of warning. In this era of financial scams, beware of taking financial advice from anyone who doesn’t appear on the FCA Register, or hold a valid SPS.
Ben believes that continuously developing his skills and knowledge benefits his clients.
To date Ben holds the following qualifications, which are significantly in excess of the minimum level needed to give financial advice.
- CF1 (Regulation and ethics)
- CF3 (Financial protection)
- CF4 (Retirement planning)
- CF5 (Integrated financial planning)
- CF8 (Long-term care insurance)
- Financial Planning Certificate
- G10 (Taxation and trusts)
- R01 (Financial services, regulation & ethics)
- R02 (Investment, principles & risk)
- R04 (Pensions and retirement planning)
What do our clients have to say?
Request a callback
If you need financial advice, we are here to help. Call us on 0345 222 0275 or complete the form below & we will get in touch